Repairs & Maintenance
At Suite101.com, an online journalism site (for now; it seems to be changing), I am the RV Topic Editor.
From time to time, this page will link to my related articles about repairs and maintenance on Suite101. I can’t just re-post the articles here on my own site for two reasons:
- By linking (rather than just reposting the articles here) I keep up my “Google juice” (duplicate content is a no-no)
- My contract with Suite101 gives them exclusive online rights for a specified period.
I may also link to other repair/maintenance articles that I’ve enjoyed.
RV Windows Series
If you’ve got leaky windows in the body of the rig, my post on RV Replacement Windows or one of the articles below might help. Doesn’t apply to windows in the driving cab — for that, get thee to an automotive window place.
- Types of RV Replacement Windows
- How to Measure for an RV Replacement Window
- How to Remove an RV Window for Replacement
- Canadian RV Replacement Window Manufacturers
Handle Repairs on Hybrid Bunk Doors
The handles were getting loose on the bunk doors of our old Cub F-16 hybrid because the thin plywood in which they were mounted was bending. Here’s how I fixed them:
Thoughts on RV Tires
A while ago there was some flap about defective RV Tires from China. That, and a lot of news stories about defective products from China over the past few years, make people especially suspicious of Chinese RVs.
Bid you know that tires from even top brands like Michelin are made in China? So when I put new tires on my truck, did I check to see where they came from? Um, no.